Washington, D.C.— On March 24th, TDI released an nSights report titled, “Cybersecurity Evolved: Increase Value, Improve Alignment with the Business, and Engage the Board of Directors.” This industry insights and recommendation report explores the challenges created by the growing governance responsibilities placed upon Boards for the oversight of their organization’s cybersecurity programs. The report addresses these complexities and offers a practical approach which organizations may use to accelerate their journey towards right-sizing their cybersecurity and increasing business value through unified visibility and alignment at all levels of the organizations. Available for download from the TDI and CnSight websites.
“Under scrutiny from regulators and shareholders, cybersecurity has very quickly become an issue for boards of directors everywhere. Yet where you can walk into a boardroom in London or Shanghai and read standardized financial statements that any board member will recognize, there is no such thing for cybersecurity. It’s time we bring this concept to the world of cybersecurity. Genuinely understanding your organization’s cybersecurity performance and where it needs to be in the future is critical for successful operations. Put succinctly, it’s time we stop talking about what we’re doing and focus on how well we’re doing – in cyber”
-Paul Innella, CEO at TDI
The report covers:
- The misalignment in understanding of risk tolerance between the board and security teams
- The disparity in technical understanding and industry terminology between the board and security teams
- The lack of meaningful and timely visibility into the day-to-day cybersecurity performance of the organization
- A roadmap with 8 tenets that seek to solve these problems to increase cybersecurity value and enhance alignment with security teams
- The five critical components an organization must measure to ensure they understand their cyber performance
These insights underscore the critical imperative that business and security leaders must have for continuous and meaningful visibility into the performance of their cybersecurity investments.
Download the report here.
Founded in 2001, TDI Secures our clients around the globe against threats thru innovative tech-enabled services and our cybersecurity management platform – CnSight. Powered by TDI, CnSight is an innovative solution designed to provide previously unknown insights into risk through a continuous view into the effectiveness and consistency of an organization’s cybersecurity investments. Learn more at https://cnsight.io